Nicholasville resident hospitalized after morning fire

Published 1:17 pm Friday, June 30, 2023

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A Nicholasville resident was taken to the hospital by Jessamine County EMS for possible smoke inhalation early Friday morning following a house fire on Liberty Street. 

According to Deputy Chief and Fire Marshall Josh Bolton, the fire department got a call about the fire around 4:45 a.m. and when the Nicholasville and Jessamine County fire crews arrived, the owner, who was the only person at the home, had made it outside. 

“Of course our crews made an attack. They hit it from outside through the window and then went inside through the window and knocked (the fire) the rest of the way out.” Deputy Chief Bolton said.

Email newsletter signup

Deputy Chief Bolton said foul play is not expected, but that the source of the fire was “possibly electrical. There’s definitely been some tower outages and surges in the area that morning, lightning strikes. So we’re investigating it as an electrical issue right now.” 

Along with another Deputy Chief, Chief Bolton started investigating the scene as soon as the crews put the fire out. He said that besides some paperwork and getting the information filed, the investigation is nearly over.