Free local concerts aplenty this summer and beyond
Published 9:00 am Friday, May 5, 2023
This summer, all over Jessamine County, concerts are being held free of charge for locals and visitors alike. Mark your calendars to heed the music-packed summer. Seating is not provided so be sure to bring a chair or blanket for each show.
In partnership with the City of Nicholasville, Visit Jessamine has planned monthly concerts until December at Performance Park on Main Street. Each concert will start at about 6 p.m. and end at about 10 p.m. Each show will have refreshments, either through a food truck or offerings from downtown businesses, including Joe’s Cock and Bull and the Euro Wine Bar.
• Friday, May 5: The Band Encore of Lexington.
Email newsletter signup
• Friday, June 2: The Moron Brothers.
• Friday, July 7: Five Below Band.
• Friday, Aug. 4: Vanguard Band of Lexington.
• Friday, Sep. 8: A Commonwealth Band.
• Friday, Oct. 13: Jessamine County Public Schools Art Showcase.
• Friday, Nov. 3: Bare Bones Duo.
• Friday, Dec. 1: Jessamine County Public Schools Holiday Music. (after tree lighting).
The Jessamine County Public Library will rock the Riney B. Park stage until September. Concert times vary. Concessions will be available at each show.
• Thursday, May 18: Jonathan Scales Fourchestra. (6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
• Saturday, June 3: Much Obliged. (6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
• Thursday, July 20: Conch Republic. (7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.)
• Saturday, Aug. 19: Letters of Acceptance. (6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 23: Appalatin. (4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Hispanic Heritage celebration)
Wilmore’s Community Development Board is offering several concerts from June through August this year. The shows will be on the Downtown Green just off Main street in Wilmore. Parking is available along Main Street, and the doctor’s office parking lot on Rice Street. The series’ rain location will be the Municipal Center Gymnasium or the pavilion on the Green. Each show starts at 7 p.m. and will end at about 8:30 p.m. Concessions will be available at each show from either food trucks or The Local on East Main. Friday shows will include gospel performances and Saturday shows will include country, comedy bluegrass, full bluegrass, soft rock, big band and jazz.
• Friday, June 9: The Moron Brothers. Starting at 5 p.m., folks can buy a meal for $10 including a fried bologna sandwich, chips, a drink, and a dessert.
• Friday, June 16: Proverbs 31.
• Friday, June 17: Five Below Band.
• Friday, June 30: The Cavalry Heirs.
• Saturday, July 1: Power Play.
• Friday, July 14: Gone Fiddlin’.
• Saturday, July 15: Larry Sanders & Borderline Copy.
• Friday, July 21: At His Feet.
• Friday, July 28: Blake Jones & The Porch Lights.
• Saturday, July 29: Cane Run.
• Friday, Aug. 11: The Moron Brothers.
• Saturday, Aug. 12: Country Memories.
• Saturday, Aug. 19: The Metrognomes.
• Friday, Aug. 25: Ole Elkhorn Pickers.
Nicholasville-Jessamine County Parks and Recreation is holding monthly concerts until August at Rock Fence Park at 306 N Third Street. Each show will begin at 7 p.m. and concessions will be available at each show.
• Saturday, May 13: 100th US Army Jazz Ensemble.
• Saturday, May 27: Heritage Messengers.
• Saturday, June 10: Kelly Caldwell & Kashmere.
• Saturday, June 24: Central Kentucky Concert Band .
• Saturday, July 8: The New Coon Creek Girls.
• Saturday, July 22: DSB&R Reunion Show.
• Saturday, Aug. 5: Men of a Certain Age.
Stay updated on the concert series by following Facebook.com/JessamineLive.