Nicholasville City Commission to Receive Update on Damage at Maple Grove Cemetery
Published 1:52 pm Sunday, February 13, 2022
Nicholasville City Commission meets Monday to discuss many items including an update about the Maple Grove Cemetery that was damaged in November by a driver who plowed into the cemetery leaving $100,000 in damage.
Monday’s agenda is published below.
Repairs are underway for Maple Grove Cemetery in Nicholasville.
Email newsletter signup
Late November, around two-dozen headstones were damaged after being plowed into by an alleged drunk driver. Police arrived at the scene to reportedly find a truck amidst the rubble with a man identified as Thomas Garner inside.
Doug Blackford, director of General Government for Nicholasville, says work crews have been cleaning up the debris left by the incident.
“We’re expecting cleanup to finish by early February,” Blackford said in a previous Jessamine Journal article published in January. “We have insurance companies through the Kentucky League of Cities working through covering the costs.”
As repair efforts continue, various monument companies may be contracted to replace the damaged headstones. Blackford says Maple Grove’s restoration is expected to conclude by next year.
Monday, Feb 14; 5:00 PM
CALL TO ORDER
• APPROVE MINUTES: JANUARY 24, 2021 REGULAR MEETING SECOND READING: ORDINANCE 063-2022
• AN ORDINANCE, PURSUANT TO NICHOLASVILLE, KENTUCKY CODE OF ORDINANCES, CHAPTER 25, SECTION 25-1, VARIOUS AMENDMENTS TO THE NICHOLASVILLE ZONING ORDINANCE ORDINANCE 064-2022
• AN ORDINANCE, PURSUANT TO NICHOLASVILLE, KENTUCKY CODE OF ORDINANCES, CHAPTER 20, SECTION 20-1, VARIOUS AMENDMENTS TO THE NICHOLASVILLE SUBDIVISION REGULATIONS
1. Recognition of city employees.
2. Update on damage at Cemetery due to auto collision. Doug Blackford
3. Reappointments to the Board of Adjustments. Tim Cross
4. Award Bid for Tree Trimming Services. Bob Amato
5. Authorize the Mayor to accept the grant from the Kentucky Fire Commission for Helmets. Stephen Pracht
6. Authorize the Mayor to accept the grant from the Kentucky Fire Commission for a Thermal Imager. Doug Blackford
7. Request to approve transfer of employee to Cemetery Department. Kathy Rhineheimer
8. Approve request for rate adjustment in the Cemetery Department. Kathy Rhineheimer
9. Approve hire of Tourism Liaison at the request of the Nicholasville Wilmore Jessamine County Joint Tourism Commission. Kathy Rhineheimer
10. Accounts payable. Laurie Young
11. Approve financials for period ending December 31, 2021. Laurie Young