East-West Sports Roundup
Published 8:39 am Tuesday, November 9, 2021
• The boys’ football team saw their season come to a close on Friday, Oct. 29 following a 45-20 loss to Bardstown. Their final record stands at 1-8.
• On Oct. 4, the Boys Soccer team saw their season finish with a 2-1 loss to Mercer County in the 46th District championship. Their record was 9-9-1.
• The girls’ soccer team had their year wrap up on Oct. 5 after a 6-0 loss to Mercer County in the 46th District championship. Their record stands at 1-13-1.
Email newsletter signup
• The girls’ volleyball team saw their season end with a loss in 3 sets to Mercer County during the 46 District championship on Oct. 18. They finish at 11-16.
• The boys’ soccer team concluded their season on Oct. 13 with a 3-2 loss to Boyle County in the 12th Regional Tournament. Their record was 13-7-2.
• The girls’ soccer team ended their season on Oct. 28 following a loss in the semifinals of the state tournament. In a matchup against eventual champion Notre Dame, they fell by a score of 3-0. They finish as both district and regional champions with an overall record of 16-7-1.
• The girls’ volleyball team saw their season conclude on Friday night against Sacred Heart in the quarterfinals of the state tournament. In the first round, they successfully defeated Great Crossing in five sets (25-21, 25-21, 25-13, 25-16, 25-16). Ashleigh Messick and Brooke Hager each had four kills with 24 assists by Annabella Pandelli and 20 digs by Syndey Collins. Against the Valkyries in their following matchup, they suffered defeat in three sets (25-17, 25-18, 25-15). The Colts end their season as both Region and District champions with a record of 36-6.