Billy Holland | The God who is more than enough
For those who take prayer seriously, I am sure we can agree that we are truly a needy people. In researching the Hebrew name El Shaddai, we discover that it means “The all sufficient One,” and is commonly translated to “God Almighty.” Here are five areas where God proves He is sovereign, all powerful, the final authority and more than enough to rescue us and meet our needs.
1. God knows: God is Omniscient, and he is fully aware of our worries and fears and even what we are thinking in difficult times. Actually, He is the only one who really knows how we feel, and we can always trust that He is working on a way to help us. There are 3 answers to our prayers; yes, no and keep waiting. Whatever happens, have faith that He is in total control and always has our best interest in mind.
2. God loves: The love and grace of God is greater than all of our sin. Jesus died a cruel and painful death in order to save us from ourselves. The good news today is that whoever will hear this gospel about God’s love and receive it into their life, can escape the torment of eternal darkness, and be redeemed and transformed into a child of The Almighty. Read Romans 8:37-39.
3. God cares: The Lord of all glory is listening to every word we say. He sees every tear and knows every problem we are going through. He wants us to believe with all of our heart that He cares about us and desires to help us. His Word says that His eye is on the sparrow, which allows us to realize how much more He is watching us. He is sensitive and compassionate about everything that is going on in our life, and He longs to have a close personal relationship with us.
4. God provides: The Lord provides peace, comfort, joy, happiness or whatever we need, whenever we need it. Jesus can bring what no one else can provide, and He is always more than enough! We can place all of our trust in God, and believe with all of our heart that He will do above and beyond all that we could ask or imagine. Philippians 4:19 says, “But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
5. God delivers: Whatever the bondage, temptation or situation, the King of Kings can lift you out of your agony and set your feet upon a solid rock. Believe and allow His truth to set you free. Psalm 18:2-3 reminds us, “The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so, shall I be saved from my enemies.”
Dr. Holland lives in central Kentucky with his wife Cheryl, where he is a Christian author, outreach minister and community chaplain. To learn more visit: billyhollandministries.com