Pumpkin Spice with a salty twist
Published 11:47 am Wednesday, September 21, 2016
By: Jamilyn Hall | firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall is romantic. No — fall is weeks of a dreamlike state, at least for this pumpkin-loving girl.
Every year, I gorge myself on numerous pumpkin spice lattes and slices of pumpkin pie, and down it all with some apple cider. However, I ran across a quick, easy and simple fall treat that is too good not to share.
Email newsletter signup
Pumpkin spice pretzels
Whether it’s for a tailgating party, an after-Thanksgiving snack or a treat to get you through raking pounds of leaves off of your sidewalk, these pumpkin-spice pretzels are too easy not to try.
The five ingredients needed are:
• 24 oz. white chocolate
• 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
• pretzel twists (about 1/2 pound bag)
• one to two drops of orange food coloring (optional)
• orange sprinkles (also optional)
After you gather the ingredients, follow these easy steps:
• Gather three large baking sheets and lay down parchment paper on each.
• Melt 20 oz. of white chocolate. Once it’s melted, stir in the pumpkin pie spice and food coloring.
• Dip each pretzel two-thirds of the way into the chocolate and place on the parchment paper. Do this to all the pretzels and try not to eat them!
• After all pretzels have taken a nice fall-themed dip, melt the remaining four ounces of chocolate and drizzle over the pretzels. Also add the orange sprinkles if wanted.
• Place the pumpkin spice pretzels into the refrigerator before serving.
Have a great fall and don’t forget to take the weeks of fall in before bitter winter takes over!