Pumpkin Spice with a salty twist
By: Jamilyn Hall | email@example.com
Fall is romantic. No — fall is weeks of a dreamlike state, at least for this pumpkin-loving girl.
Every year, I gorge myself on numerous pumpkin spice lattes and slices of pumpkin pie, and down it all with some apple cider. However, I ran across a quick, easy and simple fall treat that is too good not to share.
Pumpkin spice pretzels
Whether it’s for a tailgating party, an after-Thanksgiving snack or a treat to get you through raking pounds of leaves off of your sidewalk, these pumpkin-spice pretzels are too easy not to try.
The five ingredients needed are:
• 24 oz. white chocolate
• 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
• pretzel twists (about 1/2 pound bag)
• one to two drops of orange food coloring (optional)
• orange sprinkles (also optional)
After you gather the ingredients, follow these easy steps:
• Gather three large baking sheets and lay down parchment paper on each.
• Melt 20 oz. of white chocolate. Once it’s melted, stir in the pumpkin pie spice and food coloring.
• Dip each pretzel two-thirds of the way into the chocolate and place on the parchment paper. Do this to all the pretzels and try not to eat them!
• After all pretzels have taken a nice fall-themed dip, melt the remaining four ounces of chocolate and drizzle over the pretzels. Also add the orange sprinkles if wanted.
• Place the pumpkin spice pretzels into the refrigerator before serving.
Have a great fall and don’t forget to take the weeks of fall in before bitter winter takes over!
Hidden down the rural back roads of Boyle County is one of my favorite natural spaces in all of Kentucky:... read more