Restaurant inspections published September 08
Published 3:06 pm Wednesday, September 7, 2016
The following restaurants were inspected by the Jessamine County Health Department:
• Corman’s Cafeteria — 98 on Aug. 25.
Notes: coolers and freezers unclean on inside; grease on floors under cooking area; shelves dusty under serving counter.
Email newsletter signup
• McDonald’s — 97 on Aug. 24. Notes: ice scoop cracked on the end; floor unclean at food prep area; light shield missing near walk-in cooler.
•Velvet Touch Catering —100 on Aug. 18.
• Kids Connection — 99 on Aug. 15.
Notes: can opener blade in need of cleaning – wash, rinse, sanitize top of microwave on the inside in need of cleaning.
• Movie Tavern — 94 on Aug. 23. Notes: lettuce stored uncovered, milkshake mix stored without rack, causing standing water; sink leaking; dishwasher temp gauge is unreadable due to location; paper towels needed at two hand sinks; food handlers cards needed.
• Cracker Barrel — 98 on Aug. 23. Notes: clean equipment (oven and coolers) as needed; ceiling vents need cleaned, walls as needed.
• Little Caesars — 94 on Aug. 2. Notes: plastic sheets on ground in dumpster area should be picked up; brooms should be hung up, gap under right side of back door; hot water fixture needs to be fixed at hand sink.
• Jessamine County Youth Baseball — 96 on Aug. 8. Notes: need sanitizer test strips; hang brooms off of ground.
• EZ Mart & Deli — 90 on Aug. 17. Notes: chest freezer door repair needs to be thawed, fire suppression system has not been installed; equipment: coolers, fryers, freezers to be cleaned; single service straws must be wrapped individually or dispense individually; bathroom must be stocked with soap and paper towels and cleaned; open box cannot be used as trashcan; floors behind and under equipments are dirty; expired food products.
• AFC Sushi Brannon — 98 on Aug. 17. Notes: sanitizer test strips needed.
• NUMC Kitchen — 99 on Aug. 11. Notes: can opener blade in need of cleaning.
• JC Extension Office Kitchen — 100 on Aug. 11.