Local sports roundup Oct. 14, 2021
Published 7:16 am Thursday, October 14, 2021
• The boys’ soccer team had their season come to an end on Oct.4 with a 2-1 loss to Mercer County in the 46th District championship. They finished with a 9-9-1 record.
• The girls’ soccer team competed in the 46th District championship this week. In a matchup against Mercer County, their season came to an end following a 6-0 defeat. Emilie Simmons had six saves. They finish the year at 1-13-1.
• The girls’ volleyball team continued their season with a hard-fought, 3-2 victory in Nicholasville against Lexington Christian (26-24, 25-22, 25-16, 25-23, 15-13). Sydney Cummins helped lead the way with 22 kills, while 41 assists were added by Lilly Glushschak. Allie Lane had 23 digs as well. With an 11-4 record, the Jaguars will take on Sayre later this week.
Email newsletter signup
• This Friday, the football Colts didn’t see on-field action as they had their bye week following a 60-14 loss to Woodford County. With three games remaining on the schedule, they’ll seek to return to a winning record on Friday when they take on the Madison Southern Eagles in Nicholasville. They’re currently 3-3.
• In boys’ soccer, the team defeated Mercer County 1-0 to win the 46th District championship. Their opponent – coming off a 2-1 win against East Jessamine – was held scoreless on 12 saves by the Colts’ Connor Archer. The Jaguars’ lone score was tallied by Jack Satterwhite, with an assist by Nash Woosley. They’ll play Pulaski County this week in the 12th Regional Tournament, and currently stand at 12-6-2.
• In girls’ soccer, the Colts took on Mercer County in the 46th District championship and dominated for a 9-0 win. Two goals each were scored by Kylie Archer, Deila Long, and Karlie Galus, while Brooke Beasley, Lauren Davis, and Ava Crist each tallied one. Archer and Galus had two assists as well, while Beasley had three of her own. They’ll play Lincoln County in the upcoming 12th Region tournament. They are 11-6-1 on the season.
• The girls’ volleyball team had a busy week with victories against Trinity Christian (27-25, 25-12, 26-24), Corbin (25-15, 25-10), Greenwood (29-27, 25-21, 25-13-31-29), and McCracken County (26-28, 25-16, 25-14). Among several contributors, Annabella Pandelli had a combined 90 assists, while Brooke Hager tallied a total of 59 kills. They’ll look to improve upon their 26-4 record with games this week against Mercy, DuPont Manual, and Lafayette.